WordNet mapping browser : Welcome guest : log in
SUMO Search Tool
This tool relates English terms to concepts from the
ontology by means of mappings to
According to WordNet, the verb "cradle" has 6 sense(s).
201076514 run with the stick.
201555648 cut grain with a cradle scythe.
- SUMO Mappings: Sport (subsuming mapping)
201876735 hold or place in or as if in a cradle; "He cradled the infant in his arms".
- SUMO Mappings: Slicing (subsuming mapping)
202540262 bring up from infancy.
- SUMO Mappings: Touching (subsuming mapping)
201222177 hold gently and carefully; "He cradles the child in his arms".
201536663 wash in a cradle; "cradle gold".
- SUMO Mappings: Guiding (subsuming mapping)
- SUMO Mappings: Removing (subsuming mapping)
Explore the word cradle on the WordNet web site.
Show Open Multilingual Wordnet links
Show OWL translation
Sigma web home
Suggested Upper Merged Ontology (SUMO) web home
Sigma version 3.0 is open source software
produced by Articulate Software and its partners